TSplus latest Release Notes
TSplus 10.30 release announcement:
- TSplus 10.30 Release keeps improving the Universal Printer feature: The Universal Printer is no longer installed during the Setup, nor during the Update.
- In case the Universal Printer feature is not installed yet, a message box offering the installation will be displayed when the Administrator launches the AdminTool. This new process enables a faster Setup. The Universal Printer can also be installed by the administrator by using the new START menu entry.
- On the other hand, if the Administrator is already using the Universal Printer with an old TSplus release 10 or 9 driver, the AdminTool automatically displays the Universal Printer version on the license tab:
- If you had a previous version, you will have first to uninstall the Universal Printer using the START menu entry, and then install the new one by using the Universal Printer Installation START menu entry.
- Please keep in mind that the new Universal Printer driver cannot be installed on old 2003/XP systems. To be able to enjoy the full capacity of the Universal Printer with these old systems, it is requested to use this link.
- The Print Preview has been changed: if the user has a PDF viewer like Acrobat, the preview will use it. Otherwise, the TSplus client will automatically use Sumatra as a fallback.
- On the Session opening preference tile of the server tab, the user can now change the universal printer format preference with a choice of 3 page sizes: A4, Letter and US Legal, as well as scale prints to fit the page sizes. Of course, he can also still use the default settings.
- The TSplus START menu now includes these entries: - AdminTool - Client Generator - Uninstall TSplus - Universal Printer: Setup - Universal Printer: Remove - The User Guide (TSplus technical documentation)
- All 10.20 known issues have been fixed and this release includes all of these fixes, that were in most cases, session-related issues, such as:
- The logon process has been deeply audited to provide the best performances and the most predictable behavior regardless the client kind (mstsc, RemoteApp, HTML5, Seamless client) or the kind of started application (Full Desktop, one single application, TSplus Taskbar, Floating Panel or Web Application Portal).
- Logon name with special character: The support of logon names with special characters like "ü" has been added.
- The Web Application Portal was facing issues with double-clicks when used to launch one application, it was actually starting two sessions with the same application opened twice. This should no longer happen. Besides, the Floating Panel option was not working properly when assigned to a user in the Web App Portal. It is now displaying the applications normally.
TSplus 10.20 release announcement:
- Universal Printer and Printing feature: Please note that from now on, TSplus will use a new version for the Universal Printer driver. This new release enables the Administrator to change the paper format (A4 or Letter) and to scale the document even when the margins are narrow. Last but not least, it gives him the option to add some printer setting features.
Please note these important modifications:
1) In case of Update Release, it does NOT install automatically the new driver, in order to avoid a regression for existing customers. However, the new Universal Printer setup program is available and can be used for users which would have issues with their old Universal Printer driver.
2) In case of new Setup, it is always the new Universal Printer driver which is installed. In addition, Sumatra is retained as the local PDF reader, in order to allow users who don’t have Acrobat nor Foxit to keep printing on any PC.
- The HTML5 features has been enhanced for a richer user experience: it is now handling the time zone redirection, including the Summer/Winter time. The option to use Shift Function keys has been added too. Regarding file transfer, the client using the Web Portal or the RemoteApp will be able to directly download files from server to client by copying any files into the webfile folder, exactly as if he was using a full Remote Desktop:
- All 10.10 known issues have been fixed and this release is including all of these fixes. These issues were in most cases, session-related issues, such as:
- One Single Application: the session was closing immediately after the logon when started with the Web Application portal. This is no longer an issue. Important improvements have been made to prevent this kind of bug in the future, which are detailed below in the “enhancements” description.
- RemoteApp Client: For several months, clients have encountered issues with this feature. The behavior of the RemoteApp has been revised to avoid this.
- Web Application Panel: there were logon/logoff/disconnect/reconnect/capture issues. It is fixed now. - CPU usage: TSplus 10.20 generalizes the use of Windows API to shrink the CPU usage of the programs, eliminating in the process any session-related issue (closing).
- Client Generator: For many years, the settings stored on the user PC/RDP folder were not changing if a new generated client was using the name of an old one. TSplus 10.20 changes this situation and adds an option to enforce the new settings even in this case.